Festival #376 – President’s Day Edition
My fellow Americans (and readers from around the world as well), welcome once again to the Festival of Frugality! On this day, we honor the Presidents of our great country – for all they have done to bring us this far. We’ve collected another great batch of articles and blog posts on saving, budgeting, and money laws and policy. Thank you to all who submitted, and we hope you keep writing strong!
Want to have your blog selected as a guest host for the Festival of Frugality? It’s easy! If you would like to become a guest host, please send us an email so we can learn more about you. Until then, please keep submitting your frugality and personal finance articles to us!
Legal and Money Policy
- Luke presents The S&P Lawsuit: Here’s What You Need to Know posted at Learn Bonds.
- KT presents Liability in a car accident posted at Personal Finance Journey.
- JP presents Net Worth TV on How All Business Can Leverage the Global Economy posted at My Family Finances.
- Lynn presents MOOCs: Worth a look for free higher education posted at Wallet Blog.
- Charles presents Your Guide to FHA Loans posted at Wallet Hub.
- John S presents 5 Easy Ways to Save Money Lost Due to the Payroll Tax Increase posted at Frugal Rules.
- Edgar presents It’s Tax Refund Time posted at Degrees and Debt.
- Don presents 7 Commonly Overlooked Tax Deductions posted at My Dollar Plan.
- MMD presents Taking An Early Withdrawal from Roth IRA Contributions posted at IRA vs 401k Central.
- Jon the Saver presents Start a Pension Early to Prepare for Retirement posted at Free Money Wisdom.
- Don presents 3 Secrets to Retiring Well posted at MoneySmartGuides.
- Jason presents Five Ways to Fast-Forward Your Retirement Savings posted at Work Save Live.
- Peter presents Ooma Review: Save Hundreds on Your Phone Bill by Ditching Your Landline for VOIP posted at Bible Money Matters.
- Penny Thots presents Beer and Wine for Less posted at Penny Thots.
- Matt presents The Wow Factor: Getting the Most Bang for Your Buck posted at Living in Financial Excellence.
- Kyle presents 5 Mortgage Saving Ideas posted at The Penny Hoarder.
- John presents It’s Time Again – Shopping for Car Insurance posted at Married with Debt.
- SFB presents 4 Money Management Tips For College Graduates posted at Simple Finance Blog.
- Xia Li presents Saving Money While Earning Minimum Wage posted at Chubbly Wubbly.
- Bryan presents Best Short Term Investing Options posted at Gajizmo.
- CAPI presents Playing the Inheritance Game for Passive Income posted at Creating a Passive Income.
- MR presents 2013 Late To The Stock Market Strategy posted at Money Reasons.
- PPlan presents How to use stoplosses and limits in spread betting posted at Provident Plan.
- Crystal presents Why I Use a Credit Card And How To Leverage Yours posted at Budgeting in the Fun Stuff.
- Suba presents How to Watch Your Expenses Like a Hawk posted at Broke Professionals.
- Amanda L Grossman presents My Frugal Resume: Contributing to Our Household’s Finances in More Ways than Earning posted at Frugal Confessions.
- A Blinkin presents 99 Problems: Are You a Sort-Of Good Saver? posted at Funancials.
- Tushar presents Our Top 3 Financial Tips for Generation Y posted at Finance TUBE.
- Shannon McNay presents 10 Mental Barriers to Paying Off Debt: Not Making Debt Payoff the Top Priority posted at ReadyForZero Blog.
- Will presents Zero-based budgeting for your household posted at Card Guys Blog.