Festival #380 – Spring Break Edition
Hello and welcome once again to the Festival of Frugality – your weekly roundup of the best articles and blogs on frugal living! Even though there is snow falling as I type this, we are one day away from the official start of Spring! The excitement is so strong that we’ve taken over hosting duties for the week, and are proud to present our picks for the best submissions from other awesome personal finance blogs. Thanks to everyone who send in an article for the festival – we had a blast reading them all!
Next week’s host is Frugal Rules; Want to have your blog selected as a guest host for the Festival of Frugality? It’s easy! If you would like to become a guest host, please send us an email so we can learn more about you. Until then, please keep submitting your frugality and personal finance articles to us!
Food & Drink
- Lazy Man presents Save Money on Drinks with SodaStream posted at Lazy Man and Money.
- Penny Thots presents Using Your Bread to the Last Crumb posted at Penny Thots.
- Amy presents Economical Foods You Can Eat to Stay Healthy While Staying on a Budget Part 2 posted at Money Mishaps.
- SFB presents How Much Money Do You Spend On Your Friends? posted at Simple Finance Blog.
- David Leonhardt presents The frugal shopper’s guide to protein posted at Self-help Happiness Blog.
- Miss T. presents Stop Eating Out! Tips to Curb Your Restaurant Spending posted at Prairie Eco Thrifter.
- Steve presents 10 ways to save more money at Costco posted at Grocery Alerts.
Credit Cards & Investing
- Bryan presents What Is A Good Credit Score? posted at Gajizmo.
- Kanwal presents More Dividend Increases posted at Simply Investing.
- Jester presents To Save Big For Retirement Or Not posted at The Ultimate Juggle.
- Luke presents Are High Yield Bank Loans Better Than High Yield Bonds? posted at Learn Bonds
News & Business
- A Blinkin presents What Does Ben Bernanke Think About The Economy? posted at Funancials.
- Tushar presents Choosing The Right Umbrella Company posted at Finance TUBE.
- JP presents Shopify Guide To Business Incorporation In Canada posted at My Family Finances.
- Jon the Saver presents How To Successfully Barter Your Services posted at Free Money Wisdom.
- Everything Finance presents Is Pet Insurance Worth It? posted at Everything Finance Blog.
- Rob @Financialsprout presents Your Life Is a Walking Advertisement posted at Financial Sprout.
Saving & Frugality
- Daniel presents How We Made Saving Fun posted at Sweating the Big Stuff.
- Suba presents My European Vacation: Budgeting for the Trip posted at Broke Professionals.
- Eddie presents Top 4 Ways to Get Your Finances Under Control posted at Finance Fox.
- John presents Moving Out of Town for Your Spouse’s Job posted at Married with Debt.
- MR presents My Almost New Car And Why It Rocks posted at Money Reasons.
- Corey presents Signs of Healthy Finances posted at Steadfast Finances.
- Maria presents What do you do about saving these days? posted at The Money Principle.